Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower


"It is now my favorite book of all time, but then again, I always think that until I read another book." - Charlie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower



After Dance,Dance, Dance my next read was The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (Okay, I had to Google for the pronunciation of his last name and found a lot of suggestions. Anyway, I just say "ch-bos-kee" under my breath.) Enough of my nonsensical comments. I really loved the book, I like how it was written. Chbosky's style was refreshing for me. It is now my favorite book of all time(as of the meantime).The series-of-letters-narration adds a personal touch to the story.Plus, Charlie's innocence is like a reality-check. It makes you think of the choices you've made, the stories you've heard, the scenes you've seen and how you dealt with them. It reminded me of those events in my life that made me who I am right now, and I also had a chance to re-think the decisions I've made. I wondered how things have gone had I took a different path.

Anyway,here are a few lines I really liked from the book. 

"And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have. Good and bad." -Charlie

"Charlie, we accept the love we think we deserve"- Bill

"It's much easier not to know things sometimes. And to have french fries with your mom be enough." -Charlie

"I feel infinite." -Charlie

No comments: