Friday, January 22, 2010

NO MORE ellipsis . . .

An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought, or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence (aposiopesis) (apostrophe and elipsis mixed).

Before, I often use ellipsis ( as you can see on my previous blog entries). I used it either to indicate an unfinished thought or trail off in silence. But most of the time, I improperly use it at the end of every sentence. I don't know why I use it a lot but I think subconsciously I meant there's still a continuation to my story. Maybe because I used to think that with all the pain I was going through, there was still a 'happily ever after.' waiting to finish my story.

But I know better now, I'm no longer obsessed with the 'happy ending' stuff. I've seen a little of the harsh reality and I know there's still a lot to come so I better be ready---there's no prince charming who will come and save me.

Now I know that when pain comes, it should end there. I must put and end to it right away because I don't need to wait for someone or something. I can put an end to it. After all, what's the point of prolonging the pain when I know I can make it stop.


No comments: